All Able2Extract versions later than 8.0 have embedded PDF creation option. This means they come with a virtual printer which can be used to create PDF files from different file formats (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Image, AutoCAD, etc).
There are two ways in which you can create PDF files using Able2Extract.
The FIRST OPTION is to create a PDF file within the Able2Extract application itself. To do so, please perform the following steps:
- Open Able2Extract application.
- Click on the Create button on the toolbar
Or, select the Create PDF... command from the File menu:
- A dialog will appear where you can browse for a document you wish to print to PDF. When you find and select the file, click on the Open button and wait until the file is completely opened in Able2Extract.
- When the process is finished, click on the Save icon on the toolbar or select Save/Save As... command from the File menu.
- In Save As dialog enter the name of your PDF file and specify the location to save the file. Then click Save.
The SECOND OPTION is to create a PDF file by using Able2Extract Printer. To do so, please follow the steps given below:
- Open the file in its native application (e.g. if you are trying to create a PDF file from a Word file, then open the Word document in MS Word).
- Go to File -> Print.
- In the Print dialog that appears, from the list of installed printers select Able2Extract Printer.
- Click on the Print button.
- In the Able2Extract Print Dispatcher dialog that appears, click on Browse... to select a location for saving the new PDF file and to specify its name. Then click on the OK button to print the document to PDF.
This article refers to Able2Extract and Able2Extract Professional.