This could be occurring for one of two reasons:
If the error is persistent, it may be because you have an older version of Able2Extract software. If so, the version of Able2Extract you are using will not be able to open certain newer format PDF documents created by Adobe. This is attributable to a change in the way Adobe creates PDF.
In other words, your older version of Able2Extract is no longer compatible with certain newer PDF formats, as these formats did not exist back when your version of Able2Extract was current. So, you will need to upgrade to to the latest version of Able2Extract in order to solve this issue.
To purchase the upgrade, please use the link provided below:
2. Alternatively, if this is happening only with one particular PDF file, it may be that your PDF file is internally corrupted or is not conforming to the PDF encoding specifications. Either it was created by using a non-standard PDF creation product (such as a scanner’s PDF creation driver), or the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).
In this case, we would suggest that you try to "fix" the PDF file by reprinting it to PDF. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Open your PDF file in Adobe Reader (or a similar program that can print to PDF), and go to "File --> Print".
- In the Print dialog that will appear, select a printer that has PDF in its title.
- Click on the Print button.
- In the Print Dispatcher dialog give the reprinted file a name and select a location; then click on the OK button.
Once you have done this, you can open the reprinted file in the Able2Extract program and convert it to a desired format in a usual way.
This article refers to Able2Extract and Able2Extract Professional.