This means that you are trying to convert a scanned or image-based PDF.
Unlike native (electronic) PDFs, scanned PDF is simply an image that doesn't have any information embedded in it. So, in order to convert scanned PDF files, we rely on what is called an OCR engine – special module which can go through the document line-by-line in order to recognize and convert any alpha-numerical characters into an editable output file. However, only Professional edition of Able2Extract has embedded OCR engine, and therefore can convert scanned or imaged-based PDFs.
So, if you already have Able2Extract Professional, please follow these steps:
- Open Able2Extract Professional application.
- From the View menu select "Conversion Options…".
- In Conversion Options dialog, on the General tab, please make these two changes:
- Under the OCR frame, tick the "Extract Images" check-box.
- Then from the "OCR mode" drop-down menu please select the "Perform Image-Based Conversion (OCR)" option.
- Click on OK button.
- Now open your PDF file in Able2Extract Professional.
- Select the All button on the toolbar, then click on the PowerPoint button (which is also on the toolbar, under "Convert to file type").
On the other hand, if you have Standard edition of Able2Extract, you can simply upgrade to the Professional edition in order to be able to convert scanned PDF files.
To upgrade, please follow the link provided below:
This article refers to Able2Extract and Able2Extract Professional.