* For Windows users:
To uninstall Able2Extract Professional application from your computer, please follow these steps for the version installed on your computer:
- Click on the Windows Start menu.
- In the search box type Add or remove programs.
- The list of installed programs will auto-populate and should be sorted alphabetically by default. Locate Able2Extract Professional on the list by scrolling through. Then click on the version of Able2Extract you wish to remove.
- Click the Uninstall button that appears.
- Once the software is uninstalled, reboot the system.
* For Mac users:
You can uninstall Able2Extract Professional application from Mac OS X (and macOS) by following the steps given below:
- Go to Finder -> Applications.
- Click on the "Able2ExtractPro.Uninstall.pkg" icon. This will start the uninstallation process.
Please note that a dialog named "Install Able2Extract Professional - Uninstall" will appear, prompting you to install a software application. This is completely normal. Due to the limitations of Mac OS X, you need to install the utility that will remove Able2Extract Professional from your computer. Please confirm all dialogs to continue the process.
- Once you have uninstalled the software, restart your Mac system.
* For Linux users:
You can uninstall Able2Extract Professional from Ubuntu and Fedora by using either the built-in Software Center or the Command Line Interface.
- From the Software Center:
- Click on the Software Center.
- Search for the program itself using either the Search button or the Search field provided (this will vary for some Ubuntu versions). In the Search field, enter "a2e", then press Enter.
- When the application is located, left click on it and select Remove.
- From the Command Line Interface:
You also have the option of using the Command Line Interface.
To uninstall Able2Extract Professional from the Command Line in Ubuntu, follow these steps:
- Once in the Ubuntu terminal, run the following command to locate Able2Extract:
dpkg -l | grep a2e
Then press Enter.
- Locate and note down the full name of the package. It should be: a2ep
- Using the apt-get command, you can remove Able2Extract Professional and all of its configuration files:
sudo apt-get purge a2ep
- When prompted, you will have to enter your root password or confirm your actions by pressing "Y" and then pressing Enter to continue removing Able2Extract Professional from your computer.
To uninstall Able2Extract Professional from the Command Line in Fedora, follow these steps:
- Open the terminal and search for the exact name of packet using "a2e" as a search phrase:
yum list installed | grep a2e
- After that run a command to uninstall Able2Extract Professional using the exact package name:
su -c 'yum remove a2ep.x86_64'
- Enter root password and confirm remove operation when prompted by pressing "Y".
This article refers to Able2Extract and Able2Extract Professional.